What is consciousness? What is the link between consciousness and our brain? How does consciousness affect our mind, and how does it shape our lives? Is consciousness separate from our brain; like a radio that receives the signal?
It’s a well known fact that the average human being uses only about 10% of their brain. What about the other 90%? What about the fact that we can change our minds and that there is such a thing as neuroplasticity?
Neuroplasticity, also known as brain plasticity, is an umbrella term that encompasses both synaptic plasticity and non-synaptic plasticity—it refers to changes in neural pathways and synapses due to changes in behavior, environment, neural processes, thinking, emotions, as well as changes resulting from bodily injury.