Clay BoykinIn Search of the New Compassionate Male
Join Our Global Conversation
Paul Higdon, Author – Hope and a Future: Life, Survival, and Renewal on the Streets of an African Slum
I thoroughly enjoyed my 36-year career in international finance. During that time, I had the honor of serving for six years as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of a children’s welfare operation in central Kenya. Based on that work, I was presented a Global Volunteer Award by Bank of America.
Since I retired from my professional banking career, perhaps the most rewarding endeavor has been composing my first book, Hope and a Future: Life, Survival, and Renewal on the Streets of an African Slum, which chronicles the true story of a street boy, John Maina, who lived in the slums of Nairobi.
Eventually, John and I became so close that in an African sense, we are now father and son.
On its launch in April 2020, the book rose to the rank of #1 Hot New Release among Amazon’s African biographies. In conjunction with its publication, I created a public charity, Little Boost Children’s Fund, whose mission is “Giving vulnerable kids a little boost.” All proceeds from the book go directly to the fund.
I hold academic degrees in philosophy, politics, and economics from Cornell, Oxford, and Johns Hopkins and continue to enjoy a wide range of intellectual pursuits, especially early Christianity, and modern history.
In Search of the New Compassionate Male
Recent Podcast Episodes
Visit my network:
Compassionate Male Podcasting Network:
- Raise compassion awareness in the world
- Network with other compassionate podcasters in the world
- Collaborate and share ideas that will lift one another’s message.
- Participate in the international compassionate podcasters summit, and more.
- Become a member/patron and join the Compassionate Male Podcasting Network.
- Are you a compassionate male, or seeking to find self-compassion?
- Join others in safe contemplative conversations each week.
- Receive weekly emails related to men and compassion.
- Receive a free copy of my book – Circles of Men
Background: I am in Search of the New Compassionate Male. I am convinced that amidst all the turmoil in the world a New Compassionate Male is emerging as the New Archetype. I am on a journey to every corner of the planet to give voice to compassionate thought leaders.
In Collaboration With: