Clay BoykinIn Search of the New Compassionate Male
“A New Compassionate Male emerging in the world.”
What I have come to believe is that there is a New Compassionate Male emerging in the world, and becoming the New Archetype; that there is an inner burn within every man that the patriarchal system is not working.
The problem is that most men do not know what this burn is and they are holding it down with a grip of fear and shame they will not admit to. The result is that men are dying from this inner conflict and causing terrible pain in the world.
This emerging New Compassionate Male archetype is not meant to replace, but to overarch the traditional: King, Warrior, Magician, Lover archetypes; to give them something greater than themselves to aim at. I believe these archetypes, while customarily attributed to men in our patriarchy, are actually gender neutral, and apply regardless of “pronoun.”
Helping men connect head and heart and show up in the world with compassion for themselves, for others, and for the planet is my passion, my calling and my mission.
“To reframe a burning question is to gain a fresh perspective
and unleash your full potential.”
As a master reframing expert, with over 50 years experience,
I help you reframe and focus more clearly on what’s important to you,
your personal life goals, your business,
and how to navigate though challenging times.
My unique and counterintuitive approach gives you a fresh perspective
and clearer lens through-which to view your world.
I work with individuals, small groups and small/medium size companies.
This work is closely linked and coordinated with Gender Equity and Reconciliation International, an important organization founded twenty-seven years ago in the U.S. and has a growing presence in Kenya, South Africa, Australia, India and several other countries. – To learn about upcoming retreats and workshops in Africa, or to explore scheduling a retreat or workshop, contact Clay Boykin directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I just finished reading the book “Circles of Men” and found it very informative and inspiring in helping me become a better Men’s Circle facilitator. I have recently begun the Consciously Evolving Men facebook and meetup groups based in Portland, ME, and also as an online community. I appreciate the ideas of gathering men in a more open and relaxed manner (versus a therapy group type format) that encourages simple authentic conversations and presence. We are all wisdom-keepers and when we come together and share our experiences we are all that much stronger and better equipped to evolve in conscious and positive ways. Thank you for this fantastic resource and all the work you are doing!
Circles of Men – Excerpt
What is in a man’s heart? As a man, you are the only person who truly knows, and the likelihood is that you protect what’s at your very core from other men and perhaps the woman or partner in your life. But it is within your heart where your deepest questions are left unanswered. Fear of being vulnerable or shame keeps us from connecting with another man, yet it is only when we open our heart that these questions get answered. The world does need more spiritual men. Men who are awake to know there is power for good in vulnerability, having compassion for oneself and having compassion for others. Creating sacred spaces in the world, both physical and virtual, for men to learn from one another how to connect with the highest good in their hearts is what I do.
Using his thirty-eight years as an organizational change agent, and with his deeply held principles of servant leadership, Clay founded the Men’s Fellowship Network. Since 2012, over 25,000 collective man-hours have been invested in exploring the divine masculine and divine feminine essence within every person.
Clay’s recently published book, Circles of Men, examines how men come together in a contemplative setting to learn about compassion, vulnerability, cultivate trust, hold space, explore the many religious and spiritual traditions, and learn from one another’s life journey.
Clay collaborates with several organizations including: Charter for Compassion, International Peace Initiatives-Kenya, Gender Equity and Reconciliation International, and others. – Click here to learn more about Clay Boykin
- Mondays 7pm – ZOOM – Men’s Circle (ongoing)
- Jan 12-15th – Baldwin City, KS Unity Light Circle
- Jan 16-17 – Dallas, TX – Charter for Compassion
- Feb 1, 15, 29 – Dallas, TX – Compassion Integrity Training
- April 9 – 10am-12pm – ZOOM – Seton Cove – The Art of Creating and Integrating Mind Maps and Mandalas
- July 12 – Austin – Texas Regional Fatherhood Summit – University of Texas
- Sept 3-6 – Lynnwood, WA. – Unity Men’s Retreat
- September – Uganda – 6th International East African Psychology Conference
- October – Austin, TX – Men’s Retreat
- 2020 – Kenya – International Peace Initiatives – Men’s Retreat – Pending
- 2020 – Malawi – Young Men’s Retreat – Pending
- 2020 – Rwanda – Pending
- 2020 – Democratic Republic of the Congo – Pending
- 2020 – Nepal – Pending
- Jan 10–25 – Cairo, Egypt – Shamanic Tour
- Jan 27-31 – Meru, Kenya – Men’s Retreat (Postponed due to civil unrest.)
- Feb 17 – Dallas, TX – Unity Church
- Feb 18 – Lawrence, KS – Men’s Circle Launch
- Feb 19-20 – Baldwin, KS – The Light Center
- Feb 22 – Austin, TX – Seton Cove
- Feb 24 – Austin, TX – Methodist Church
- Mar 13 – Austin, TX – A&M Breakfast
- Mar 15-17 – Austin, TX – Men’s Retreat – Non Denominational
- Mar 19-24 – Seattle, WA – Gender Equity & Reconciliation
- Mar 29-31 – Austin, TX – New Story Festival
- May 6-10 – United Nations Committee on Spirituality, Values, and Global Concerns
- May 17-20 – New Orleans, La – Annual ZMR Awards
- Jun 10-15 – Seattle, WA – Gender Equity & Reconciliation
- Jun 17-21 – Kansas City, MO – Global Unity Peoples Convention
- Jun 22 – Wimberely, TX – Summer Solstice Celebration
- Jun 30 – Temple, TX – Unity Church – Sunday Service
- July 11- Aug 8 – (Webinar for both men & women) The New Compassionate Male: Being Relevant at the Speed of Change
- July 16th – Austin, TX – 7:30PM – Trinity Episcopal Church – Gender Equity & Reconciliation Introductory Presentation
- July 19th – College Station – Memorial Service
Are you interested in connecting with Clay regarding speaking engagements, workshops or retreats; or to schedule a ZOOM consultation? Please contact Clay directly at: email@example.com
- July 20 – 21 – Wimberley, TX – Avalon Mystic’s Circle
- July 25 – Wimberley, TX – A Day Out of Time
- Aug 6 – Austin, TX, Trinity Methodist Church – Gender Equity Conversation
- Aug 11-31- Kenya, Africa – International Peace Initiatives
- Aug – 21 – Kenya, Africa – Women’s workshop on men and compassion
- Aug – 27 – Kenya, Africa – Gender Equity & Reconciliation
- September – Evening Webinar – Compassion: The Hidden Wave
- Sept 6 – 7 – Kansas – The Light Center – Men’s Retreat “Spirit Carriers”
- Sep 15 – Houston, TX – Unity of Houston
- Sept 19-22 – Abiquiú, NM – Ghost Ranch – Men’s Retreat
- Sept 28 – Austin, TX – Unity Church of the Hills – Gender Equity & Reconciliation Taster (Women & Men)
- Oct 3-7 – Atlanta area – Unity Men’s Retreat
- Nov 4-8 – Boston – Gender Equity & Reconciliation International
- Nov 9-12 – Orlando, Fl – Circles of Men Workshop with Life Coach Jeff Bullion
- December – Austin – Gender Equity & Reconciliation International – Three day intensive workshop
2018 – Workshops & Engagements (Links)